ISO 45001 (AS/NZ 4801) standard is for organisations that are serious about improving employee safety, reducing workplace risks and creating better, safer working conditions.
According to the International Labour Organization (ILO), there are currently more than 2.78 million deaths a year as a result of occupational accidents or work-related diseases, in addition to 374 million non-fatal injuries and illnesses. Aside from the enormous impact on families and communities, the cost to business and economies is significant. ISO 45001, Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, is the world’s first International Standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S). It provides a framework to increase safety, reduce workplace risks and enhance health and well-being at work, enabling an organization to proactively improve its OH&S performance.
ISO 45001 has a number of benefits for organisations including;
- Reduced workplace incidents
- Reduced absenteeism and staff turnover, leading to increased productivity
- Reduced cost of insurance premiums
- Creation of holistic health and safety culture
- Reinforced leadership commitment to proactively improve OH&S performance
- Ability to meet regulatory requirements
- Enhanced reputation
- Improved staff morale, engagement and retention
How can we help
VERRACORP has capabilities and expertise to consult and implement the requirements of various Standards including ISO 45001.
We can assist in your journey to get your ISO 45001 certification through;
- Initial Design and Development – ensuring optimal compliance and efficiency
- Gap Analysis – identifying and understanding improvement opportunities in current practices in terms of compliance to Standards
- Bit sized and easy to implement action plan
- Education and training in understanding the requirements
- Pre-Certification Audits – ensuring compliance ahead of any third-party assessment.
Whatever be your size, scale or industry, we work with you to understand your unique challenges to provide a solution that not only meets ISO 45001 requirements but also adds value to your business.