Our approach to design and implementation of management systems
VERRACORP does not provide ‘one size fits all’ or ‘off the shelf copy paste’ solutions but we work very closely with each client to address their specific operational needs and challenges to develop effective management system that is fit for purpose and within your operational context. The ingredients of our time tested approach to management systems consulting is highlighted below.
From the moment we receive a request from clients, our in-house management system expert will setup a meeting to discuss your initial requirements. We will work closely with you to establish;
- Your current challenges and overall objectives
- Resource constraints
Following the initial discussion and after getting a bit more understanding of your high-level needs, we will work with you to establish;
- An understanding of your strategic direction
- Current strategic and operational challenges
- The current state of your existing management system (effectiveness and compliance)
- Existing policies, tools, technology and methods that are already working well
- Areas you think we can add more value or you need further assistance
Following this step, we will be able to identify the gaps between the Management System requirements and the current condition of your organisation.
During this stage, a detailed implementation plan will be prepared based on the information and data gathered at the assessment stage. This can include whole of system development to more specific process improvement initiatives.
In consultation with you, we will draw up the framework for the design and development of the system that will typically involve development of key systems and processes and supporting documentations across four key areas;
In this phase, the middle and top management team are educated on the requirements of the system.
We have access to some of the best trainers and coaches who will tailor and deliver engaging training sessions to ensure all key personnel are informed and suitably skilled from day one. Training can be comprised of the following;
- On the job coaching and training
- Introductory and awareness training (socialising the concept)
- Advice on formal courses and technical training
Review, implement and improve
At this stage, we will be in a position to have a thorough review of the system. We will initiate appropriate assurance and improvement processes. Our Implement-Monitor-Measure approach ensures the system runs smoothly. Continuous improvement is built into VERRACORP’s DNA. Following the training and review, all stakeholder feedback will be actioned and the system will be reviewed. At this stage, you will be ready to reap the fruits of your efforts and see the benefits the Management System can deliver. You will also be fully prepared for your Certification Audit (if required).
At VERRACORP, we don’t treat our clients as a number or a target. We believe in building a lifelong relationship. Once the project is complete and certification attained (if applicable) we ensure you are not alone in this journey. VERRACORP will remain by your side as needed to ensure your system continues to develop and improve. We can continue to work with you more closely to offer ongoing support such as;
- Internal audit, reviews and assurance activities
- Change management
- Suppliers audit
- Standards transitions and regulatory compliance activities
How VERRACORP can help you?
Our systemic and customer-centric approach aligns with the requirements of management system standards to ensure processes are;
- Planned: Owners are defined, leadership take responsibility and processes are documented and communicated
- Managed: Competency gaps are understood, workflows ensure change to be managed and resources are effectively allocated
- Assessed: Audit, inspection and risk is embedded throughout the system
- Improved: All activity in a single, integrated system. Business intelligence reporting dashboards provide governance, risk and compliance best practice insights.
If you already have a formalised management system in place, you are already half-way through to having an Integrated Management System. With many of the Standards’ requirements aligning, it can be a fruitful exercise to integrate Quality, Safety and Environment into one integrated system and be compliant with the Standards most commonly appreciated and often requested by tenderers, large organisations or Governments.
More and more organisations are integrating their management systems or deciding to implement integrated management systems in order to improve efficiency and manage risks. It makes complete sense to undertake the assessment of all management systems requirements with an integrated approach. VERRACORP has capabilities and expertise to consult and implement the requirements of various Standards including ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001 (AS/NZS4801) – commonly known as Quality Management, Environmental Management and WHS Management Systems. We also cover all the other standards including ISO 17025 and ISO 31000.
VERRACORP can assist in your IMS journey through;
- Systems Design and Development – ensuring optimal compliance and efficiency
- Gap Analysis of Existing Management Systems – identifying and understanding improvement opportunities in current management systems in terms of compliance to Standards
- Initial Management Review – review of current management systems
- Assistance in understanding Legal Requirements – identifying potential non-compliance and developing action plans accordingly
- Development of Key Performance Indicators and Continual Improvement Programmes – ensuring dynamic business improvement
- Training – Upskilling staff and imparting skills thereby developing in-house resources
- Pre-Certification Audits – ensuring compliance ahead of any third-party assessment.