ISO 17025 is useful for any organisation that performs testing, sampling or calibration and wants reliable results. This includes all types of laboratories, whether they be owned and operated by government, industry or, in fact, any other organisation. The standard is also useful to universities, research centres, governments, regulators, inspection bodies, product certification entities and other conformity assessment bodies with the need to do testing, sampling or calibration.
It enables laboratories to demonstrate that they operate competently and generate valid results, thereby promoting confidence in their work both nationally and around the world. Once accredited, it proves a laboratory has an acceptable quality management system in place, and it has the ability and competence to provide testing and calibration results. Accredited labs perform tests against the international standards (ISO 17025) and results are mutually acceptable between different governmental and regulatory organisations. The arrangement between accreditation bodies is that accredited members’ test results will meet the same minimum quality standard regardless of the accreditation body and that the calibration results would be recognised as if they had performed the calibration themselves.
There are many benefits of implementing ISO 17025 including;
- International reputation and acceptance
- Reduced costs
- Systematic approach and universally accepted protocols
- Improved lab testing environment
- Enhanced stakeholder satisfaction level
- Improved staff morale, engagement and retention
How can we help
VERRACORP has capabilities and expertise to consult and implement the requirements of various Standards including ISO 17025.
We can assist in your journey to get your ISO 17025 certification through;
- Initial Design and Development – ensuring optimal compliance and efficiency
- Gap Analysis – identifying and understanding improvement opportunities in current practices in terms of compliance to Standards
- Bit sized and easy to implement action plan
- Education and training in understanding the requirements
- Pre-Certification Audits – ensuring compliance ahead of any third-party assessment.
Whatever be your size, scale or industry, we work with you to understand your unique challenges to provide a solution that not only meets ISO 17025 requirements but also adds value to your business.