ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective Environmental Management System. It provides a framework that an organisation can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements.
This standard should be used by any organisation that wishes to set up, improve, or maintain an environmental management system to conform to its established environmental policy and requirements. The requirements of the standard can be incorporated into any environmental management system, the extent to which is determined by several factors including the organisation’s industry, environmental policy, products and service offerings, and location.
The Standard focuses on the following seven topics;
- Context of the organisation
- Performance evaluation
ISO 14001 has a number of benefits for organisations including;
- Improved resource efficiency
- Reduced waste
- Cost reduction
- Provision of assurance that environmental impact is measured
- Competitive advantages in the supply chain
- Increased new business opportunities
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Increased stakeholder trust
- Improved environmental footprint
- Consistency in assessing and managing the environmental impact
How can we help
VERRACORP has capabilities and expertise to consult and implement the requirements of various Standards including ISO 14001.
We can assist in your journey to get your ISO 14001 certification through;
- Initial Design and Development – ensuring optimal compliance and efficiency
- Gap Analysis – identifying and understanding improvement opportunities in current practices in terms of compliance to Standards
- Bit sized and easy to implement action plan
- Education and training in understanding the requirements
- Pre-Certification Audits – ensuring compliance ahead of any third-party assessment.
Whatever be your size, scale or industry, we work with you to understand your unique challenges to provide a solution that not only meets ISO 14001 requirements but also adds value to your business.